There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
How to get to the Kydal waterfall:
- Type "Odnesvegen 455, 2822 BYBRUA"
(The waterfall is located at the opposite side of the road.)
- Or use the coordinates:
Latitude - 60.803105199
Longitude - 10.576935100
- From Gjøvik, drive 7 km west on Rv 33 towards Fagernes.
- Take right towards Bybrua.
- After 500 meters, take right.
- Take right by the power station.
- Stop after 100 meters.
- Tadaa! ;)
- Children below 17 years do not need a fishing permit.
- This is not one of Mjøsa's trout spawning streams, thus fishing is allowed from January 1st - September 14th.
- Living bait from other lakes and rivers are generally not permitted
- Trout smaller than 25cm (10') must be released
The Kydal waterfall is covered by the Gjøvik-permit which is gives you permission to fish in the entire Gjøvik municipality with only a few exceptions. (Kim Enger's part of Storsvarken, Midt Svarken, Vesle Svarken, Sørekertjennet, Sætersangen, Hemsangen, Rågjerdstjennet, Melbytjernet, Skålmyrdammen, Flatsjøen and Ringsjøen)
- 1 day: NOK 50,-
- 1 Week: NOK 100,-
- 1 Year (Jan. 1st - Dec. 31st): NOK 200,-
Points of sale:
- The tourist office at Gjøvik station
- Osbakken by Skumsjøen
- Coop Biristrand
- Sveastranda Camping
- Shell Snertingdal
- Biri Storkiosk and video
- På iNatur.no
It's also possible to buy the Gjøvik-permit by SMS:
- For 1 day, send "FISKEKORT CHM10" to 2470
- For 1 week, send "FISKEKORT CHM11" to 2470
- For 1 year, send "FISKEKORT CHM12" to 2470