How to get to the Kydal waterfall:
- Type "Odnesvegen 455, 2822 BYBRUA"
(The waterfall is located at the opposite side of the road.)
- Or use the coordinates:
Latitude - 60.803105199
Longitude - 10.576935100
- From Gjøvik, drive 7 km west on Rv 33 towards Fagernes.
- Take right towards Bybrua.
- After 500 meters, take right.
- Take right by the power station.
- Stop after 100 meters.
- Tadaa! ;)
- Children below 17 years do not need a fishing permit.
- This is not one of Mjøsa's trout spawning streams, thus fishing is allowed from January 1st - September 14th.
- Living bait from other lakes and rivers are generally not permitted
- Trout smaller than 25cm (10') must be released
The Kydal waterfall is covered by the Gjøvik-permit which is gives you permission to fish in the entire Gjøvik municipality with only a few exceptions. (Kim Enger's part of Storsvarken, Midt Svarken, Vesle Svarken, Sørekertjennet, Sætersangen, Hemsangen, Rågjerdstjennet, Melbytjernet, Skålmyrdammen, Flatsjøen and Ringsjøen)
- 1 day: NOK 50,-
- 1 Week: NOK 100,-
- 1 Year (Jan. 1st - Dec. 31st): NOK 200,-
Points of sale:
- The tourist office at Gjøvik station
- Osbakken by Skumsjøen
- Coop Biristrand
- Sveastranda Camping
- Shell Snertingdal
- Biri Storkiosk and video
- På iNatur.no
It's also possible to buy the Gjøvik-permit by SMS:
- For 1 day, send "FISKEKORT CHM10" to 2470
- For 1 week, send "FISKEKORT CHM11" to 2470
- For 1 year, send "FISKEKORT CHM12" to 2470