At the Sound of Salmon day tour we will take you on a scenic fjord-cruise in a comfortable, warm and dry boat to Andørja. During the cruise across some of the most beautiful fjords of Northern Norway, you will have an opportunity to rest in comfortable seats and enjoy the wild and beautiful landscape, as well as a simple breakfast. Don't worry if you fall asleep; we will go back the same way in the afternoon, so you get a second chance to see the deep blue fjords.
At Andørja we will visit the presentation centre of one of the world's most advanced aquaculture operators. There we will learn everything about modern, sustainable aquaculture, and we get to see where the world-famous Norwegian salmon comes from. After the introduction, we will have lunch at the local hotel. There we will be served a warm buffet, including locally produced salmon from one of the most modern and sustainable salmon farms in the world.
After lunch we go on a boat trip out in the fjord to visit the salmon at home at its net-pens in the cold and clear waters of Arctic Norway. Those brave enough will get a chance to walk on the rim of the pens, to see the fishes jump up close.
• Transfer by speed boat between Tromsø and Andørja: scenic fjord cruise
• Breakfast on board
• Presentation of a sustainable salmon farm
• Visit to the northernmost exhibition centre on aquaculture
• Lunch buffet with locally produced salmon
• Boat trip to the actual farm installation in the fjord
• Tour guide who accompanies you on the entire trip, as well as local guides at the salmon farm
Duration: 11 hours
Number of participants: 20
Level of difficulty: Easy
Departure time and place: Saturday, 7am (07:00) at Tromsø Tourist Information Office