Thon Hotel Backlund is located right in the middle of Levanger city centre, with the bay and the city's green areas as its closest neighbour. The hotel boasts an intimate atmosphere with a touch of personal service. Just 250 metres from Levanger train station and 45 minutes north of Trondheim Airport Værnes.
The hotel has 65 cosy rooms, including family rooms. All rooms are non-smoking and rooms for people with allergies are available. 37 of the rooms have been renovated in 2017.
The hotel's restaurant, Madame Backlund, houses a lot of culinary history in the walls. Birgitte Backlund was the one who provided food, shelter and hospitality when Backlund Hospits was established in 1839. She was Madame Backlund!
We have focused on her values, namely that the food should be genuine and proper, made with passion in a house full of warmth and soul. Madame Backlund is committed to using local ingredients sourced from Innherred. Welcome to a real dining experience! ”.
There is a small library in the basement, where guesta can borrow books and magazines. Relax with a good book in the seating area outside the library or in your room.
There is a short distance to most of what is on offer in Levanger:
- Experience the historic wooden buildings through for instance a QR-guided tour.
- Take the ferry over to Ytterøy - The pearl of the Trondheimfjord. Lovely terrain forexploring the island by bike.
- Stiklestad Golfklubb is just 17 km away in Verdal.
- Excellent tour and hiking opportunities. More information on ut.no.
- The Falstad Centre
- Munkeby monastery ruins
- Kortmans Candle light factory and Pick-up Diner