Construction of this timbered church started in 1780. It was completed in 1785 and was officially opened the same year. At that time it looked like a wooden box without a tower. Folklore has it that the timber was floated to the island as logs and hewn into planks on arrival. Many of the church's furnishings were replaced during its restoration in 1870, but the pulpit is the same one that was in Utsira's first church. Guided tours by arrangement with the churchwarden.