There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
With a seafront of more than 200 km Vansjø is one of the biggest lakes in Norway. Vansjø is the gem that unites the region. The landscape is beeming with fjords, islets and straits which invites to recreation and adventure.
Ever since people in the stone age settled here 4 – 5,000 years ago, the lake has served as water course and larder. You can find traces of settlements, graves and entrenchments from the stone age and onwards.
Vansjø is rich on birds and fish. Swans, herons, different kinds of ducks and fish like perch, bream, pike and smelt are domestic here.
The best way to explore the beautiful nature of Vansjø is by canoe.
The flora and fauna in Vansjø is vulnerable. Thus, it is vital that all users are acting with consideration and respect towards nature. There are made regulations on visiting Vansjø and the Hobøl water course.
Customs in nature:
• No restrictions on admission to uncultivated areas. Permission from landowner is required when camping for more than 2 days
• Clean up your garbage!
• Do not damage or cut fresh trees
• Do not walk in fields
• Do not disturb animals, birds and nests
• Be considerate towards other hikers
• Use of fire is prohibited in the period of April 15 – September 15
• Avoid bonfires on bare rocks
You are allowed to say hello, smile, swim, sun bathe, sing, be friends, fish with a fishing licence, study flora and fauna, savour nature, pick berries and mushrooms and many, many other things......