Venabygdsfjellet has a unique and kind trail network in a magnificent nature south of Rondane. Here you can combine the most beautiful walks in both high mountain and mountain birch terrain. The hiking area is suitable both for training in groomed trails and exciting skiing outside the trail network. The trail network is connected with the trails from Kvamsfjellet in the north to Brekkom / Vekkom outfields in the South and further south in beautiful machine-prepared trails down to Lillehammer.
The trail network is part of a continuous network of over 2500 km. Venabygdsfjellet is a mountainous area located between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen in Ringebu municipality. In the winter to the end of April, Venabygdsfjellet is snow-proof with a stacked winter climate and skiing terrain.
Available ski rental at Venabu Fjellhotell
Your way to Venabygdsfjellet
* Good train connections to Ringebu on the Dovre Line
* Express buses daily to Ringebu
* Bus pick up by appointment in Ringebu
* Oslo Airport Gardermoen - only 2.5 hours away
* Good road connections north, south, east and west - follow signs to Venabygdsfjellet
* For traffic information regarding the road over the mountain (FV 27) click here or call the Road Traffic Center on tel. 175
Skisporet.no offers a map on which the various trails are displayed, and provides real-time data on track grooming
Skisporet.no covers most of the region’s trail network, and offers up-to-date grooming status. Details on altitude and length are also provided.
Cross-country skiing in Lillehammer and Gudbrandsdalen
Read more: Cross-country skiing in Lillehammer and Gudbrandsdalen | 11 destinations and 2,300 km of spectacular cross-country skiing areas with excellent snow conditions and the country’s very best trails.