Via Ferrata Kyrkjeveggen situated in Fjæra in Åkrafjorden is perhaps Norways toughest Via Ferrata- route. The route is primarily on rock surface. In more challenging parts steps and holds have been installed for easier access. From the start (Innsteget) 50 MAMSL to the top shelf (Topphylla) 550 MAMSL the route is approximately 900 meters long. Fjæratoppen 731 MAMSL is the highest point. The last hike to Fjæratoppen is on a trail. All activities at Kyrkjeveggen MUST be registered at Åkrafjorden Nature B&B AS.
- We recommend booking with a climbing guide.
- Experienced Via Ferrata climbers may climb at own risk, but must register and pay a fee at Åkrafjorden Nature B&B.
- Equipment may be rented at Åkrafjorden Nature if you wish to climb on your own.
- All climbing is at own risk and and a form needs to be filled out before climbing.
- Recommended age limit is minimum 12 years of age.
- Expected climbing time with a guide is 5-7 hours including breaks.
- Bring: Food, 1,5 litres of beverage (more on hot days), wind resistant jacket, pants with long legs, neck gaiter/beanie, hiking shoes with rubber sole and good grip, backpack 5 kg maximum.
- Rescue fee: of you climb on you own but need to be rescued by Åkrafjorden Nature B&B, you will be charged with a 5000 NOK fee per person.
FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO CLIMB ON YOUR OWN WITH OWN VIA FERRATA EQUIPMENT AT OWN RISK:
There is a safety demand that you have Via Ferrata slings with fall safety (shock absorber) or Y-sling in order to climb.