When the long, dark winter set in, the Vikings had to make sure that daylight would come back and the sun would shine again. A winter sacrifice is necessary.
The viking feast is a dinner arrangement with
• theatre/performance with the Vikings at Borg / Lofotr Viking Museum
• serving a plate of lamb from the Lofoten islands, with traditional Viking garnish
• mjød – mead – ancient honey wine (alcohol 13%)
• Songs and traditional ring dance
• Departure Stamsund pier by bus 7.00 pm., arrival Svolvær pier 9.55
• One hour at Lofotr Viking Museum (7.45 – 8.45 pm).
• Guide on board the bus.
Guests may also arrive by own car directly to Lofotr. Parking at designated parking place. Meet at the Chieftain´s house 7.15 pm, for time to look around (on your own) in the richly decorated, reconstructed Chieftain´s house. A written leaflet on the winter sacrificial ceremony will be handed out (English).
Booking: at the latest 3 pm. the same day. We confirm the arrangement shortly after 3 pm on the day of the arrangement, based of number of participants. Dietary arrangements must be notified when placing the booking.
Full arrangement (guided bus tour from Stamsund to Svolvær): Kr. 975
(Children 0-3 years free, children 4-15 years kr.730)
Viking feast only: Kr.780 Participants have to arrange for transport to/from Borg.
(Children 0-3 years free, 4-15 years kr.535.)