Enjoy the golden glow of the midnight sun and explore the best of Svalbard: the sight of glaciers, dramatic landscape and the graceful walruses that lies in colonies on the beach. An unforgettable day in the Arctic fjords awaits!
Enjoy the golden glow of the midnight sun and explore the best of Svalbard: the sight of glaciers, dramatic landscapes and the graceful walruses that lies in colonies on the beach. An unforgettable day in the Arctic fjords awaits!
In front of us, in the narrow fjord, we can glimpse the impressive glaciers and ice forms towering high in front of the surrounding mountain peaks. A panoramic view of a white mass with an almost baby-blue sheen where the glacier has calved, rises several meters up from the frozen fjord. The atmosphere is still and strange, suddenly interrupted by the sight and sound of the wildlife, both on land and at sea. So, remember to keep an eye out and bring binoculars.
Walruses became protected animals half a century ago. When this happened, the population was down to only a couple of hundred animals, after 350 years of hunting. In the recent years, the walrus has come back to its old colonies, and we have the possibility to visit one of these colonies with our boat.
Join our boat trip to Prins Karls Forland Island, located between Isfjorden and Kongsfjorden. Our boat has a panorama view of the surroundings, a toilet, it's warm and has comfortable seats. As we arrive at the walrus site, we will enjoy lunch while watching these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
If we have time for another stop on our way back to Longyearbyen, we will stop at the bird cliffs where several thousands of birds safe from predators on land, breed every summer.
- Transport to and from your place of accommodation
- Guide with safety equipment
- Search and rescue insurance
- Lunch, hot drinks, and biscuits
- We recommend bringing warm clothing such as wool underwear, wool socks, a thick sweater, and windproof outer clothing.
- The boat may not carry passengers under 14 years of age unless passenger is accompanied by an adult. Minimum age one this trip is 10 years.
- For safety reasons, the route may change due to weather, wind, and ice conditions.
- We do not recommend this tour if you are pregnant or have back problems.
- Please state any food allergies or other preferences.
- We will not go ashore on this trip.
|Adults||2,390.00 Per person|
|Children under 15 years||1,195.00 Per person|
|* Price from|