Under the collective designation Nesbyen Historical Experiences lies a wealth of historical and cultural experiences waiting for you.
We want to convey the rich history of Nesbyen through activities, traditional food, venerable accommodations, experiences and stories that lead you back in time. Below we have gathered our historical favorites.
- Visit the Hallingdal Museum, which is among the oldest open-air museums in Norway, has 30 antiquarian buildings and approx. 30,000 objects from the entire Hallingdals region.
- Join a guided tour of Gamle Nes, the old district of Hallingdal.
- Experience Nesbyen's unique art history through the explorers' gaze on a guided walk through Nesbyens Art Landscape.
- Explore one of the world's most accessible meteorite craters. Guided tours throughout the summer in Gardnos Meteorite Park.
- The exhibition "Into the Art" is an interactive exhibition about the national romance of painting, where Nesbyen had a central position in the 19th century.
- Overnight at the 400-year-old Hagaled Guesthouse.
Read more at Visitnesbyen.com.