Forrest, road and good trail. From 170 m.a.s.l.
The ski jumps at Storetoppen have been disused since the turn of the millennium, and the hills are getting covered with brush in spite of volunteer efforts.
The first ski jump was built here in 1927. There was much activity here before the war, hosting national events with 60 jumpers and 600 spectators. In 1984 a modern center with two 50 and 75 meter jumps, floodlights and lifts was opened. Storetoppen saved the training season for many jumpers in East Norway in the 90s, when there were several winters with little snow, and Norway's new major talent, Anders Jacobsen, won his first real competition here.
Description: The hike starts on the parking lot by Hallingdal Museum. Follow the road and trail along the museum area and further upwards. Cross Rukkedalsvegen and go up to the flats by the ski jumps. The hike poster is placed by the foot of the scaffolding. To get there, walk the stairs straight up along the side of the hill below the ski jump, or follow the tractor road and trail to the right, which pass a few small mounds up to the ski jump and scaffolding.
By the road to Rukkedalen. Parking lot by Hallingdal Museum
Distance in km: 2 km
GPS: 6713941 North 504857 East (UTM zone 32)