There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Self-guided hiking trip at Mt Ulriken (643 metres) with an app which guides you. Includes bus to Mt Ulriken, Ulriken cable car and fresh packed lunch.
Self-guided hiking round trip at Mt Ulriken. Perfect hike for cruise tourists and others who would like a short alternative to Panoramic hike across Vidden. On this trip, you can enjoy the scenic views of the city, fjord and mountains as well as the cultural history of the area along the route.
After taking the bus from the city centre, you take the Ulriken cable car up to Mt Ulriken (643 metres). At the top, you can enjoy the view of the city before you start the hike. This route offers exciting cultural history as well as beautiful and wild highland nature and scenic views. To the south, you might see the Folgefonna glacier and to the west the North Sea. You will walk to “Turnerhytten” on one path and return on a different route, where you also will pass several ruins of old cabins.
This is a self-guided hike, which means that you will be provided with an app, which guides you in the right direction and gives you information about the places you visit along the trail.
Return to the city centre also by Ulriken cable car and bus.
It is also possible to do it outside the season (e.g. March, April or October), if the weather allows. Contact us by email if this is of interest.
The hike is around 4,5 km and takes approx. 2,5 hours to walk.
Classification: Blue, medium.
The terrain is uneven, and can also be a bit muddy. All hiking will be on a mountain path and not mountain road. The weather can change rapidly, and the climate is different from the city. The route is 4,5 km and takes approx. 2,5 hours + lunchbreak, depending on your pace. This is a self-guided tour, which means that you will be provided with an app, that will guide you.
• Transport from and to the city centre
• Bus to Mt Ulriken
• Mt Ulriken (cable car)
• A fresh packed lunch will be made for you at Mt Ulriken.
• App with information about the places along the route.
• Emergency number for assistance.
• Rent of equipment such as hiking shoes, windproof jacket and hiking poles.
How to get to the top of Mt Ulriken?
Ulriken is the highest of the seven mountains surrounding Bergen. You can take the Ulriken cable car to the top.
Double-decker bus from Bergen to Mt Ulriken, 1 May – 30 September
The bus leaves from just across the road from the Tourist Information, and it takes about 15 minutes.
Departs from the city centre on the hour from 9.00 – 18.00.
Departs from Ulriken at a quarter past the hour from 9.15 – 17.15. The last bus leaves at 18.30.
• Recommended age limit 6 years. Suitable for families.
• Child (Age 6-15): NOK 490,-
• Adult (Age 16+): NOK 790,-
• Rent of hiking poles (NOK 75 for two poles)
Equipment and tickets will be provided at Bergen Base Camp, Holmedalsgården 3 at Bryggen. Open every day from 9.00 to 19.00.
Be sure to bring enough water in your backpack. You can fill your bottle on Mt Ulriken. We recommend wearing hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing, a backpack with extra clothing, camera and sunglasses. Remember to dress according to the weather!
Please note that this route should not be done in bad weather, and we do not recommend hiking in fog or strong wind. If there is too much wind, the cable car will close, which means the hike will not be possible. In that case, the hike will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
• 9.30: Meet at Bergen Base Camp for tickets, app and information.
• 10.00: Ulriken bus from the city centre.
• 10.30: Arrival at Ulriken, pick up lunch package.
• 11.00: Start the hike.
• 12.30: Eat packed lunch at Turnerhytten.
• 14.00: Arrival at Mt. Ulriken. Return Ulriken Cable Car (last Ulriken Cable Car at 21.00).
• 14.15-15.15: Bus to Bergen (last bus at 18.30).
• 14.45-15.45: Return equipment at Bergen Base Camp (closes at 19.00).
This is a recommended itinerary, where we estimate that it takes 3 hours to do the hike. However, you can start the hike later, but please note that the Ulriken Cable Car closes at 21.00.
• The tour can be booked until 14.00 the same day.
• May 1st – September 30
• May 17: closed
• Cancellation with full refund up to 48 hours before departure.
|Children under 16 years||490.00 Tickets|
|* Price from|