For a truly unique adventure, paddle, hike, and overnight in a Portaledge! All meals and transport included!
Our most unique and varied trip for those who want a one-of-a-kind experience! Includes: sea kayaking, hiking, rappelling, and an overnight perched on a cliff face overlooking the coastal islands!
The trip begins with a pick-up in Bergen city center followed by a scenic bus ride to our base on Herdla- just a 50-minute drive north of Bergen. Upon arrival at our shop on Herdla, you will go through a trip orientation and safety meeting before packing for the tour. At the water’s edge we continue the safety discussion where we demonstrate and practice rescue techniques. Once completed, we will load the boats and get underway!
On the water you will experience the tranquil beauty of the coastal fjords, while making progress towards the overnight destination. We may stop for breaks and snacks as required throughout the afternoon. Upon arrival, we’ll unload the boats and hike to our overnight destination where you will receive basic climbing coaching and get a chance to rappel. Afterwards, your guide will set up your Portaledge and begin preparing dinner. After dinner, you will rappel down to your Portaledge accommodations, where you will sleep under the stars, with a breathtaking view over the fjord and the coastal islands.
The following morning, your guide will arrange a healthy breakfast to prepare everyone for the return hike and paddling to follow. Once back on Herdla, we’ll unload the boats and the guide will transfer all pictures taken during the trip and let you get on with your next adventure!
Breakfast (day 2), Lunch (days 1 & 2), Dinner (day 1).
Meeting Point:Pick up and drop off:
Between Bergen Tourist Information and the Express Boat Terminal in Bergen (Strandkaien 3). Please arrive before scheduled departure time. See map here.
• Maximum 4 people on each tour. Minimum 2 people per booking. If you would like to book for 1 person only, please contact Gone Paddling.
• All paddling gear, safety equipment, tent and meals are provided.
• Sleeping pad & sleeping bag are not provided, but are available for rent at time of purchase
• Minimum age is 15 years, however, families or groups of 4 or more with younger children can be blocked for private tours where minimum age is reduced to 7 years.
• No special training or experience is required. All tours include a comprehensive safety briefing and orientation by an experienced guide and you will be accompanied by an experienced guide at all times.
• This activity is dependent on the weather (wind) and any activities cancelled for this reason may be rebooked to another departure or refunded. Cancellation due to weather conditions may come with little notice.
• Gone Paddling are members of Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and are passionate about sustainable adventure tourism.
• Alcohol is not permitted.
Guests must bring any personal items including:
clothes, toiletries and bedding (sleeping bag and pad- also available for rental), personal snacks, insect spray, etc. We recommend warm clothes for the cooler evenings, sunglasses & sunscreen, rainproof outerwear- in case of rain, sleeping mask if you are bothered by the longer summer days and early morning sun, and rechargeable battery for personal electronics. Complete list will follow booking confirmation.
Missing something? Gear up at our shop on Herdla and receive a guest discount!
Daily departures: 01 May-30 Sept
09:00 start day 1, approx. 16:00 finish on day 2.
None. All inclusive.
The trip must be booked at least 7 days before departure.
Your email confirmation is your ticket. Please show your confirmation on your mobile device or a printed copy at the start of the tour.
Cancellation more than 14 days before departure will be 100% refunded.
Cancellations 7-14 days prior to departure will be refunded 50%.
Cancellation by less than 7 days of departure will not be refunded.
|From 15 years old||5,900.00 Tickets|
|* Price from|