Join us on a kayaking trip in fantastic surroundings. Paddle between island and reefs in Herdlefjorden just outside Bergen. Pick up at Tourist Information.
This kayak tour takes you to Herdlefjorden just outside of Bergen. This area offers fantastic surroundings and you get to paddle between islands and reefs. On the trip you will experience the peace of this fjord landscape at close range. During the trip, there will be a short stop, where we can enjoy our lunch and have a closer look at the ruins from the second world war.
In this area there are more than 240 different kinds of birds, so maybe we will see eagles or other rare birds on our trip!
The paddling takes 3.5 hours and the maximum number in the group is 10 people.
Pick up and drop off:
Between the Norled Terminal and the Tourist Information. See map here. Look for the minibus. Please be there at least 10 min before of departure. The bus is included in the price.
1 May - 30 September 2018: 09.30
Extra departure 16 July - 15 August 2018: 14.00
The lunch consist of a breakfast bun, wraps or baguette and a juice. (If you suffer from any allergies we do offer fruit and juice. However, we recommend you bring your own lunch. ) Feel free to bring a snack to eat on the way back to the city center.
Minimum age is 7 years old
Children: 7-13 years
Adults: from 14 years upwards
- The price includes transport, lunchbox, kayak, personal flotation device, paddles, dry/wet-suit and spray skirt. It is advisable to bring extra socks and shorts/t-shirt to use under the wet-suit.
- Choose between double or single kayaks on arrival
- If the weather is cold, bring extra clothes such as beanie, woolen underwear etc.
- We use certified guides on all our tours, they will give safety instructions before we leave shore.
- It is not legal to be under the influence of alcohol on our trips.
- If the trip is cancelled because of the weather, you will be offered to reschedule your trip. (If the trip is booked the day before departure, the trip cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.)
Cancellation of activities
• Cancellation until 14 days prior to the activity gives you a 100% refund
• Cancellation later than 14 days prior to the activity is not refundable
• Contact Fjord Tours if you need to cancel an activity
The activity providers are the legal owners of the activity products and responsible for the delivery of the services. Activity providers offering physical activities or sports will before the activity starts provide safety instructions and guidelines. Some activity providers also requires participants to sign a participation or waiver form.
Always make sure that the details in your travel documents are in accordance with your booking, and remember to bring the documents with you on your trip.
It is strongly recommended that you have a valid travel insurance that covers your loss for unforeseen circumstances or accidents; such as illness, family emergencies or other situations that may affect your travel plans.