Travel with Kystbussen from Stavanger, Haugesund or Leirvik to Bergen. Book online - the ticket is valid on all departures on the selected date!
Kystbussen between Bergen and Stavanger takes you easily from one city center to another along the beautiful west coast of Norway. On the way you will get a chance to enjoy glistening fjords, snow covered peaks and idyllic small farms. You can visit both Stavanger, the oil capital of Norway, and Bergen, the city between the 7 mountains, and experience great nature along the way, all in one day if you want.
Our buses are top modern and comfortable, with free Wi-Fi, power sockets and WC on board. The trip between Bergen and Leirvik and Haugesund includes a ferry trip across the Bjørnefjord (approx. 40 minutes crossing), and the trip between Bergen and Stavanger also includes a ferry across the Boknafjord (22 minutes crossing). Several underwater tunnels are also a part of the trip.
Kystbussen departures almost once an hour between 6.00 a.m. and 9.55 p.m. from Bergen and 5.45 a.m. and 22.00 p.m. from Stavanger.
See timetable for Kystbussen.
Kystbussen has seat guarantee, everyone is guaranteed a seat aboard, without making any kind of reservation. If the bus gets filled up, a new one will come to pick up the rest. No one will be left behind. The bus stops on almost all stops along the way. The first stop for departure in Bergen is Bergen Bus station (platform N). Our main stop in Leirvik and Haugesund is the bus terminal and in Stavanger it is Byterminalen.
Bergen Leirvik: approx. 2 hours 15 minutes
Bergen-Haugesund: approx. 3 hours 15 minutes
Bergen-Stavanger: approx. 5 hours
* travel time can vary slightly
Bergen - Leirvik: Adult one way: NOK 299. Child one way: NOK 179.
Bergen - Haugesund: Adult one way: NOK 399. Child one way: NOK 239.
Bergen - Stavanger: Adult one way: NOK 599. Child one way: NOK 359.
• The ticket can be used at all departures on the date you have bought it for
• We will help you with a refund or change date on your ticket if you contact us minimum 24 hours before departure (before 15 p.m. on Friday for departures in the weekend or coming Monday). Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Note that not evert departure stops in Haugesund, so look this up in the timetable above
• You can bring two pieces of luggage(max 30 kilos)
• There are two baby seats (for children 8-20 kilos) in each bus available for our travelers. For babies under 8 kilos we recommend that you bring your own seat.
• Foldable strollers can be stored in the luggage rooms underneath the bus
• The ferry ticket is included in the bus ticket
• You can not bring animals with our buses
• Most of you buses have a wheelchair lift. If you are in need of special assistance (f.ex. with wheelchair in and out of the bus) please contact us before 15 p.m. at the day before departure at email@example.com
Travelling with children?
When one full paying adult and one child (4-15 years) are traveling together you get a discount. Place 1 adult and 1 child in your order and then add the discount. One adult travelling with two children are only entitle to one discount.