There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
The new Folgefonn Centre in Rosendal offers interactive exhibitions on the Folgefonna National Park and aquatic life in the Hardangerfjord.
How to get to Rosendal and Folgefonna Center?
Rosendal is at the Hardangerfjord, a 2 hour boat trip from Bergen. Hardangerfjordekspressen goes to Rosendal all year and you can buy a round trip ticket by boat from Bergen. The ticket includes entrance to Folgefonna Center.
If you drive to Rosendal it is approximately 2,5 hours to drive from Bergen and you can then buy a ticket to the Folgefonna Center at the entrance. The tour includes a ferry. See the route in google maps.
• The global water cycle
• Folgefonna glacier
• The atmosphere, low pressure systems and precipitation
• Water histories around the world
• The Hardangerfjord
• Villages near Folgefonna – the people and their landscape
• Folgefonna National Park
• Biodiversity – the flora, fauna, rivers and streams of the Folgefonn Peninsula
• Adventures on the Folgefonna Glacier
• Our climate and climate researchers
• Extreme precipitation and natural disasters
• From the depths of the Hardangerfjord and the sea
• The ocean and the fjord communicate
• The ocean and climate change
• New treasures from the ocean
• Sea animals that “see” in the dark
• Sex in the sea
• Sustainable food production
Four films are shown at the centre:
• "Of Water it is created" - A Journey in the Waterscape of Western Norway
• “The Drama of the Mountains” – geology
• “The Life of the Hardangerfjord”
• “The Roar of the Rutting Stags”
The Boatbuilding Museum – Skaaluren Collection
Folgefonn Centre and the Boatbuilding Museum have joint admission. The Skaaluren Collection documents the history of wooden boatbuilding in Hardanger, with emphasis on the peak years 1850–1950. At the museum entrance, there is information about the region’s modern maritime industries.
|Groups min. 10 pers.||85.00 Tickets|
|Children under 16 years||60.00 Tickets|
|Children under 5 years||0.00 Free of charge|
|Family ticket (2 adults, children under 16)||250.00 Tickets|
|* Price from|