Friluftstunet Brekko is located in a hiking area that is suitable for both winter and summer activities. The area is particularly well adapted for families with children.
Brekko lodge and recreation area can be visited all your round. In the winter you can og cross-country skiing and in the summer you can go hiking. Friluftstunet Brekko consists of a heated shelter and a chapel.
Activites in winter
Brekko is well adapted for both winter and summer use. The winter here can depending on amount of snow offer both hikes or ski trips. The area is well suited for hiking and skiing for all age groups. It is especially well suited for families with children.
- The sledging slope is next to the Friluftstunet. Different levels of difficulty and plenty of room for many people
- Bum sliders are for loan. They hang on a birch branch at the bottom of the hill.
- Campfire pans are set out at the bottom of the sledge hill and by the heated shelter
- The shelter is open on Sundays in January and February and the rest of the year, the first Sunday of the month (with the exception of July and August). In the shelter you can eat your own packed lunch or buy what the hosts offer of home-baked, ice cream, coffee and soft drinks. No obligation to eating or purchasing food.
. The barbecues are free of use, except when th facility is rented out to larger groups. Only charcoal should be used, bring your own.
- Ski trails - when there is enough snow on the hiking trails, trails are prepared by Jæren friluftsråd. The ski trails follow the light trail. The skiing conditions are found on the website under skiføre and on Facebook.
- Rental of skis, ski boots and poles. It is reasonable to rent, but must be ordered through frilager.no. Book two days in advance. Pick up the equipment in a storage room by the upper parking lot.
- The light trail covers 6 km of hiking trails. It can be lit from 07.00 and kl. 15.00, it switches off automatically at 22.00. You can light it yourself - there is a light switch on the first post in the upper parking lot.
- An outdoor shelter by Store Foretjørn lake is large with room for many around the fire pit. There is seating and adapted hearth at the gapahuken as well. Accommodation must be booked.
- The outdoor shelter at Litle Foretjørn lake are smaller shelters with room for accommodation for about 6 people each. The accommodation is free, but must be booked.
- Toilet - outdoor toilets can be found at the lower parking lot, at the sledge area and at Store Foretjørn lake.
- Ice conditions. It is very rare that there is safe ice on the lake in Brekko. The ice is not measured, so take responsibility for yourself and those who follow in your footsteps.
- Fishing - there is free fishing from land in Store and Litle Foretjørn lakes
- Keep your dog on a leash, both with regards to children and others on walks, but also with regards to wildlife. There are both elk and deer at Brekko.
- See tilgjengelighet.no for information on accessibility for disabled. The area is not particularly adapted in winter when there is snow.
Hiking opportunities in summer
Brekko is well adapted for both winter and summer use. In the central parts you will find gravel paths and roughly planned hiking trails that lead up to about 400 m altitude. Here you can continue in the marked trail system for several different hikes. The area is well suited for walking for all age groups. It is especially well adapted for families with children. The outdoor shelters can of course be used both in summer and in winter. Accommodation or larger gatherings during the day must be booked.
Swimming and fishing in Store and Litle Foretjørn lakes. Possibilities for mushrooms and berry picking. A map of the area as well as its own tour orientation program with permanent posts are available for sale in the lodge.