This industrial mill was built in 1845, at a site where grain had been ground since the 13th century. The new mill was placed above two existing mills, and a new water intake was made so that the same water flow could be utilized three times before being released into the Håelven river. At the same time, one of Jæren's first industrial foundries was established in the mill. Fotland Mill was in operation until 1968.
In 1995 the mill was reopened as a museum. Permanent features include the video presentation "The grain gave life", and there are varying art exhibitions. Simple food and refreshments, a walking path, sale of handicrafts in Torvhuset, just below the mill.
Fotland mill is located by Fotlandsfossen falls, at the intersection of road Fv 206 and Fv 210, about 6 km from Bryne.
Open Sundays and public holidays 12-17 from Easter until mid-December. Summers: Open every day from July 1st-August 14th, 12-17.