Furutangen Hostel is beautifully situated by the fjord on western Randøy, in Hjelmeland municipality in Ryfylke. Furutangen offers simple accommodation in four dormitories, 4 apartments and 1 house.
Furutangen Hostel is beautifully situated by the fjord on western Randøy, in Hjelmeland municipality in Ryfylke.
Furutangen offers simple accommodation in four dormitories, apartments and a house. The dormitories have rooms for two to four beds. Most of the rooms have private baths, and a number of rooms are especially equipped for disabled guests. In addition, some of the dormitories has a lounge, a small kitchen, and a laundry facility. The house has 3 bedrooms and a total of 5 beds. Each of the apartments has 2 beds with kitchenette and private bathroom. The main building has a dining hall that seats about 100 persons and a large kitchen. Self-catered or staffed by the centre. There is also a large conference room.
Furutangen offers different activities:
- Swimming and fishing
- Kayaks and canoes with equipment
- Sand volleyball court
- Tarzan trails and large outdoor area in the woods
- Football field and play area for the children
- Barbeque pits
- Guest marina
- Space for approx. 20 caravans or tent in the woods area
- Furutangen Arena has the opportunity to serve 200 people at a time for a barbecue
- Furutangen Arena has the opportunity to have an outdoor concert with space for 350 listeners