Monsen House in Tananger, oldest part built in 1732, was one of the first houses in the area. The house has beeb extended twice, first to east and then to west. There has also been post office here. The house is named after master ship pilot Gabriel Monsen, who ran an inn there. It is now a protected historical building.
The nearby monument, "The girls of Flatholmen", commemorates the heroic efforts of Ester and Bertine during a ferocious storm in 1894. The monument is situated in Tananger harbour, close to the Monsen House.