The road out towards the Cannon Museum follows along the highway from Kristiansand city.
The road out towards the Cannon Museum from Kristiansand follows along the highway where you can make detours to other objects of interest such as the Archive - Gestapo’s headquarters under WWII. Further on you will pass the Hennig-Olsen ice cream factory and Myren Mansion and Rhododendron Park.
From Lumber in Vågsbygd you can continue out to Bragdøya by boat. Nearby you can also utilize the public area in Storenes.
On Andøya lies Bredalsholmen Dock and ship preservation center, which is a work shop that keeps old craftsman techniques tied to steel ship building alive. You can visit the Cannon Museum in Møvig which is a fortress from WWII with the world’s second largest cannon completely intact. The range of the cannon reaches halfway to Denmark and there was an equivalent cannon on the Danish side, unfortunately this one was lost. There is also a large exhibition of military materials in the bunker itself.
Length: 21 km (round trip)
Terrain: A rolling landscape
- The Archive Foundation (WWII Gestapo headquarters)
- Hennig-Olsen ice cream factory
- Myren Mansion and Rhododendron park
- Amalienborg, the home of Kirsten Flagstad (privat)
- Leo’s Lekeland, a paradise for children (Indoor play center)
- Lumber (boat to Bragdøya island every weekday all year round)
- Andøya and Bredalsholmen Dock and ship preservation center
- Kristiansand Cannon Museum