Grønningen Lighthouse is located about 8 km south-east of Kristiansand.
The lighthouse came into service on 1 September 1878, and was manned until 1980, when it became automatic.
In 1981 an agreement was entered into between Bragdøya Kystlag (a coastal association) and Kystverket (Norwegian National Coastal Administration), whereby Kystlaget has the right of disposal in return for maintenance. The lighthouse became a heritage building in 1994. Bragdøya Kystlag keeps the lighthouse open for visitors and as overnight accommodation during the school summer holidays.