Epledalen is a coastal recreation area located on the west side of Grønfjorden about five kilometres north east of Korshamn in Lyngdal.
The area is owned by Skogselskapet in Vest-Agder which is an organisation that takes care of the coastal areas of Vest Agder.
You can get access to Epledalen either by car or boat as there is a large docking area that was once used by steam ships visiting the area. When using a map, Google maps will give the location of "Epledal Lyngdal."
If you arrive by car, you can park directly opposite the buildings located there.
There are three buildings that have accommodation facilities available. All of these have recently been renovated which work due to be completed in summer 2015.
Epledalen is perfect for fishing, swimming, hiking, family activities, team building activities for companies or just relaxing. The forest next to the buildings has trees that are used in pesto sauce.
There is a large network of hiking trails which go for about 1.2 kilometres, a little sandy beach with shallow water perfect for children, a playground, volleyball court and a hiking trail along the coast to another private beach a couple of hundred metres away.
Toilets and rubbish bins are also located on the camping grounds.
The accommodation includes:
- 1st floor: kitchen, dining room, living room w / TV, front and rear entrance. The kitchen has practical furnishings from IKEA, refrigerator, dishwasher, conventional 4-ring hob / oven, microwave, coffee maker, waffle maker, iron and equipment / utensils 10-12 people.
- There is also a small freezer in the rear entrance, wood stove in the dining room and wood burning stove in the living room.
- 2nd floor: 3 bedrooms w / 6 beds and extra mattress, attic hallway, bathroom with shower and toilet.
- New sofa bed in the living room can be turned out into a double bed.
- There are 8 duvets and 8 pillows - guests must bring their own sheets / duvet cover / pillowcase etc. Sheets + sleeping bag.