Discover the natural and cultural history of the waterways through pictures, objects, a series of models and 5 different aquaria.
Østfold Museums - Halden Canal Museum is a center for adventure, activity and knowledge of the Halden watercourse. The museum is housed in the old factory premises after the pulp mill Ørje Brug. Come and follow the log from the woods, through rivers, lakes and locks, to the sawmill and pulp mill. Become familiar with the canal builder Engebret Soot and entrepreneurs on Ørje Brug.
The Museum researcher on water quality and species diversity in the river. In the exhibition you can study live crayfish and learn why it is an endangered species. Visit our aquarium and study the fish species that are typical of the large nutrient-rich lakes.
The Canal Museum can equip you for water excursions. Rent a canoe and explore the river on your own! The museum is participating in the Children's Museum Relay throughout the school holidays.
The old industrial area are well-equipped with facilities to small and large events. Many feel that a party or meeting adds something in such surroundings.
Guiding outside opening hours by appointment.
From the 24th of June to the 13th of August you can stamp in as a worker at Østfold Museums. After the end of your working day, you stamp out. You will of course get a salary for the work. Once you've been to 3 jobs in the Østfold museums - you'll get a historical coin and leather case. A secret overtime supplement awaits someone who is a workmate after the 4th and 5th workplace. At the 6th workplace a cool thermos is waiting. You will not be unemployed for a long time, because once you've worked through all 8 Østfold museums you get a food box and access to the online game "Ærbe!
Bonus prize in 2017 - an Ipad Mini
Once you've solved 6th work tasks with us - you'll join in the draw of an iPad Mini! Remember to give your name and number to the last museum you visit!
Here you will find our museums and get stamp cards:
* Borgarsyssel Museum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/borgarsyssel-museum/>,
Gamlebygata 8, Sarpsborg. Build factories from Sarpsborg in Minecraft!
* Halden Historical Collections <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/halden-historiske-samlinger/>,
Fredriksten Fortress. Walk in the footsteps of the soldiers
* Folkenborg Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/folkenborg-museum/>
Narvestadveien 7, Mysen. Shoot a wild boar and take the hunting test at Folkenborg!
* Moss City and Industrial Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/moss-by-og-industrimuseum/>
Fossen 21/23. First come, first served!
* Storedal Cultural Center <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/storedal-kultursenter/>,
Storedalveien 215. Dr. Storedal
* Haldenvassdragets Kanalmuseum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/haldenvassdragets-kanalmuseum/>,
Ear Use. Up with the steam!
* The Hvaler Coast Museum <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/kystmuseet-hvaler/>,
Dypedalsveien 37, Vesterøy. Let the mermaid show your way
* Fredrikstad Museum, <http://ostfoldmuseene.no/afdelingene/fredrikstad-museum/>
Tøihusgaten 41. Time trialers!
Look for ØMUS!
Ømus, the little sweet mouse w / yellow hat and green sweater, is the Østfold museums children's mask. Ømus shows the children the way to activities and objects that tell a special story for children in our exhibitions
|Other pricing information Museum card - (Access all our museum 1 year)||150.00 Seasoncard|
|Children under 5 years||Free of charge|
|* Price from|