There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
– Choose a destination after your ability.
– A beacon has never, not once in history, saved a life on its own. Always remember a shovel and a probe.
– Losing a glove or a hat to the wind will knock you off your game. Always bring an extra pair.
– Stay away from avalanche terrain - nothing can justify being taken by an avalanche.
– A bivy bag is mandatory and in some cases a life saver.
– A headlamp is a must in a country where the day might be shorter than the hike.
– Remember enough food and fluids. Your body is like a car. A large engine helps no one without fuel.
– Make solid plans and always bring a map and a compass.
– If you have a GPS in your possession, learn how to use it.
– Download the Hjelp 113- app. A Norwegian help app that will tell you exactly what your position is when the accident strikes.
– Then there’s only one more thing; have a great time!
Text in Norwegian: Rescue personnel in The Norwegian Air Ambulance and experienced mountain-man, Haakon Nordseth