Kari’s delicious apple cake
"Norwegian apples are perfect for making cakes."
Kari Nyhuus, farmer
It's very easy to make.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Nyhuus' apple cake
125 g butter
1 tsp lemon juice
200 g flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
500 g peeled apples
50 g sugar
1. Whip the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add egg yolks and lemon juice.
2. Sift the flour together with the baking powder and add to the mix alternately with the milk.
3. Gently mix in the three stiffly beaten egg whites.
4. Pour the batter into a well-greased, 26 cm, springform pan.
5. Divide the apples into wedges and remove the core. Place the wedges on top of the batter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
6. Bake the cake for 55-60 minutes at 200 degrees Celius.
Enjoy hot or cold – it's just as delicious either way!
Kari is one of the innovative farmers in Fruktbygda, the Fruit Village, in Telemark.
The apples here have such high quality they even have a protected geographical indication.
Just like the grapes in Champagne!
Explore the Fruit Village
... and get more inspiration on what to see and taste.
A taste of Norway
Get more inspiration on where to visit and what to eat.
Take advantage of top offers
See our selection of trusted companies that work hard to make you happy all through your trip.