50 travel tips
for fab women over 50
50 reasons why it's better to travel when you are over 50 …
… and feeling FABULOUS!
Wanderlust never gets old.
You have now checked off quite a few boxes and are more confident than your 20-year-old self. You know your limits, and which ones you would like to challenge.
This is YOUR time to travel – YOLO!
You know which moments are worth living for.
You know what kind of images fill your storybook and Instagram accounts. The ones you look at and always think: I should do more of that!
And you know who you love to spend your precious time with.
Not at least, you already know a bit more about the subtle art of not giving a f—!
Be curious! Be wild!
Go on an adventure.
Discover 50 reasons why YOU can travel better – and where we think you should go!
Getting here and around
Vy – travelling by train has never been easier
SJ NORD – the adventure starts on the train
Vy Express – travel with bus throughout Norway
NOR-WAY Bussekspress – experience amazing scenery by bus
Norwegian – cheap flights in Norway and direct flights from more than 70 European airports
Widerøe – the largest regional airline in Scandinavia
1. You’re the boss of your own time and money. Set sail on the open seas
2. According to science, you are often happier and more satisfied with yourself. Find your happy place
3. You are more than ready to vacay with your BFFs. Take a girls' trip to the Oslo region
6. You wear a sun hat, even when nobody is Instagramming you. Life is better in Southern Norway
10. You love to connect to the earth, do good, and eat the things that are really good for you. #BeyondMcStuffing.
11. You have learnt to say no! When your husband always wants to go …
12. You have gone from FOMO to JOMO. See where you should go
13. You roam wherever you like. Stairways to heaven
15. You hike (and make it) to the top. Lace up your boots!
20. You know that the sky is the limit, and you're ready to jump!
21. You can actually stay in those nice places you read about. Exclusive hotels
22. You can also travel more affordably, outside high season. Smart tips for budget travel
23. You can stay longer in every place you visit. You love to travel more sustainably
25. You spend money on yourself. This way to zen at a spa
28. You love cycling holidays, but you don't mind paying a little extra for luggage transportation. 13 scenic bike routes
29. You don't have to do the holiday planning for the whole family any more. Go on a road trip along our Norwegian Scenic Routes and rest assured you can always stop by one of the “world's most beautiful toilets”.
30. City break? This weekend? Yes, you can!
31. You travel with gratitude and purpose. Travel better
32. You have been where everyone else has been, so now you can do something totally new. Go to Svalbard next
33. You can do something really worth bragging about, when everyone else has been sipping average Chiantis in Toscana. Unique things to do in Norway
34. You’re a ‘culture hag’ and you’re proud of it! You go from exhibition opening to exhibition opening, and have actually read all the books the everyone is talking about.
(A Norwegian male author coined the expression kulturkjerringer ('culture hags') recognising them as making up the bulk of his typical audience). You know basic art history, history, and a lot of other stories – so you can actually make up your own mind. And cha-cha-cha on testosterone-inflated toes.
35. You have reached many of tour bucket list goals, and are ready to find some new ones. Top lists
38. You can find love again. With any gender. Guide to queer meeting places
39. You can actually enjoy going to theme parks again, knowing that the kids can go off on their own for a while. Family holiday tips
40. You can reconnect with your partner as your partner in crime, soulmate, and lover – not just homemaintenance.com.
41. You're still hot, in that HOT way. Check out six places to have great sex
44. You can take a long workation or work part time, remotely. Your new office view
45. You go to bed whenever you want. Or never, when the midnight sun is shining.
46. You start going to music festivals again. What's on?
47. You dare to travel solo – and meet new friends. This is how you do it
48. You know how to pack the best picnic baskets. And we have many of the best beaches in Europe
49. You get up whenever you want, and might start liking getting up before 7 o'clock. Or at least 9 … Unique nests for early birds
50. You are kinder to all living beings, because you know that life is fragile. Follow the laws of nature
Who cares what people think you should do?
Go wherever and do whatever you want!
5 keys to wellbeing
Spend time and connect with family, friends, and people around you.
Through hiking, cycling, paddling, etc.
Notice things around you
By being curious, catching sight of the beautiful.
Start a new activity or try a new path.
By helping others to have a good time, and expressing gratitude for what they give back in return.
Take advantage of top offers
See our selection of trusted companies that work hard to make you happy all through your trip.